1. Do - wait until 8pm US-EST before trying to use the discount coupon code. That's 1am on Wednesday 23rd November if you're in the UK, and 2am in continental Europe, 5pm on Tuesday evening for US Pacific time, and not until lunchtime on Wednesday for the Aussies and Kiwis. The code giftalong2016 won't work until then! The sale finishes at 11.59pm US-EST on November 30th so you've got plenty of time to buy your patterns, and then come back for some more while the sale is still on (and even buy some more afterward, but obviously the code won't work after the sale is over).
2. Don't - be alarmed that you have to check out multiple times if you're buying patterns from more than one designer. Even though all the patterns go into one shopping cart, you'll need to check out each individual designer's patterns seperately as you're buying from each designer directly. And we all thank you for doing that. Just make sure to enter the discount code giftalong2016 (every time if you're buying discounted patterns).
3. Do - set up your project pages, tag your projects with the appropriate tags and dive into the appropriate KAL/CAL thread for your project type. The KAL/CAL threads will open up when the GAL begins, one for each project category from hats/head things, down to feet/foot things. If you're unsure exactly where to place your project, just ask, and please post each one only in one KAL/CAL thread.
4. Don't - be put off by the volume of chat in the KAL/CAL threads! If you thought the Pre-GAL Chat was busy, just wait until the event starts. You'll find you step away from the computer for a while to go to work, to sleep, to attend to personal hygiene (and please do do that!), and when you get back there are 800 unread posts in your absence. It's perfectly OK to pass over everything you've missed and just jump straight back in with where the thread has moved on to. We all do it and you'll soon catch up again.
5. Do - feel free to chat, post as much as you like, and join in the games. Some of the games are fastest-finger-first types or trivia question spot-prizes and the more you post the more chance you have of winning a digital prize. Good luck!
6. Don't - forget the rules! OK, so this is going to be the only stern teacher-face one. Only patterns from participating designers can play along in the GAL, and if it's a free pattern you can put it in the appropriate KAL/CAL thread but it won't be eligible for a prize from the FO thread.
7. And finally, DO - enjoy yourself!! This is meant to be fun, so dive in, participate as much as you feel comfortable with, hopefully make some new friends, grab some pattern bargains, find some new-to-you favourite designers and end the GAL with some beautiful FOs (and some equally beautiful WIPs!)
Have a wonderful Gift-A-Long!!