Mid-week the pace was stepped up a bit, because the people requesting the pattern had had a change of plan and asked if there was any possibility I could have the pattern ready within a week. Due to my new way of working, the pattern itself was already written but I needed a photograph of the sock it produces. In order to take a photo I'd need a sock, and that meant I had to get on and knit one!
I cast on on Wednesday evening and worked the toe. By Saturday morning I had worked the foot, and on Saturday afternoon I turned the heel and started up the leg.
Just as I reached the cuff, this happened...
I do have other 2mm circulars so I was able to finish the sample sock, but as I did so I had a revelation. There had been no need for this sprint sock production after all. I have three other sock patterns in progress, one of which is already finished, edited and tested and ready to go and would be more than appropriate for the project in question. I have sent off for a replacement for my favourite needles, will use the existing pattern for the project, and can relax and knit the other sock later. Now all I need to decide is what else to make while I wait for the replacement to arrive!